In case you didn’t know, with today’s technology it is easier than ever to stay informed about public safety announcements and alerts. Many organizations, cities, and states are utilizing this technology to allow you, the user, to subscribe to the alerts or messages you want and best of all you get to determine where you receive the alerts (on your mobile phone, email, twitter, etc).
Here’s a list of some of the alert services that I use:
- Currently serves locations in WA, OR, ID, San Diego, Colorado Springs, TX, AL
- Receive alerts from police, school districts, universities/colleges, businesses, etc.
- Serves the City of Portland, OR
- Receive alerts from all city arms (police, health, schools, weather, etc)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Product recall (including food) and Safety Alerts
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)